Friday, July 21, 2006

Lost A Zero On My Bankroll

I started out with $300 and after 2 days of online poker I lost 0. Yes zero.... but sadly its the digit at the back of my bankroll....

You heard right. Am down to $30 from a string of massive beats. Its not that I've been playing above my bankroll or playing like a fish, but I have been getting hit by 2-3 outers all day.

My cash games were doing fine and I was up to $350 when things started taking a turn for the worse. Here are some highlights...

1. I got it all-in for $30 on KK preflop with 2 callers. They BOTH had AA and they split the pot.

2. I had AK and raised for a good amount. I get called by one guy and the flop was AK2. I check and he bets out the min bet. I raise 3X and he goes all in. Hmmm I was 50% sure he had me beat but how the heck could I fold 2 pair AK? He did have pocket deuces...

3. I had KQ clubs and got 2 clubs on the flop. There was a bet but I had great odds to call so I did. Turn was a club completing my flush. I bet the pot and got one caller. The turn was another club.... I check, he bets half the pot and I call. He shows A club 2 spades.

I gotta cool down a bit but am taking hits left and right. But all is not lost due to 2 things:

First - I have a budget of $1,000 total for online poker. Am just going to be playing in different sites to maximize bonuses.

Second - I referred my friend and there is a nifty $150 referral bonus at pacific poker! However, he needs to wager a total of $8,880 at the site for me to get it. Bah am not counting on this one.

Final thing I wanted to mention was that am experimenting on limit poker. There are a lot of benefits from it and if I can consistently etch out a profit I will let you guys know what are my thoughts on it.

Running Total - (-$270)

1 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

what goes down must come up eventually if you know what i mean...

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home