Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Lessons Learned

Ok after a horrendous run on my first bankroll, I have bought in for another $400 and this time I am taking good care of this one. I just loaded to Full Tilt with a 100% bonus (bad part is I would need to play close to 7,000 hands before I can get that bonus)

I have played close to 500 hands and am roughly up by $100. Here are some valuable lessons I have gained.

1. Bad beats will happen and it's better to just move along. I have seen quite a lot of them happen to me but one hand doubled my stack when I was the one who dealt the bad beat. I had pocket 3s and decided to call the minimum raise by a guy on the button.

The flop was A-J-3. Four players in and the first guy bluffs at the pot with the min bet, I smooth call and had the pre-flop raiser raising 6X. First guy folds and i call. The turn comes with a blank and I figured he hit the ace or at best AJ so I slowplay and check. He makes a pot sized bet and I re-raise all in. $85 in the pot and I was happy with what I THOUGHT was a good play. He instacalled me and showed pocket aces.....

River gives me.... a 3!! For quad 3s over his full aces. Sometimes miracles do happen.

2. I thrive in tournament play and not in cash games. However, the SnGs I feel pay off too little for placing 3rd out of 10. So what I have done is play my cash games LIKE SnGs. This means I buy-in for the minimum amount and have a goal of doubling my stack by playing tight. This allows me to hit my bonus by not playing too many hands and is pretty easy because I just need to aim for doubling my stack. Blind steals are also valuable since at the minimum buy-in the blinds are about 5% my stack. 20 successful steals and I've done what i came to do.

Finally, when I go all-in I signify more strength then a strong bet. I also do not stand to lose my entire bankroll as I cannot be outplayed after I am all-in.

3. When playing on Full Tilt they have player notes and color coordination. I simply flag a player Green for a good player, a red for a calling station and a blue for a bluffing maniac. Its won me quite a bit by making value bets against the calling stations, knowing that a check raise by a good player is to be respected and an overbet by a bluffing maniac allows you to get massive pots.

1 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

sounds like a plan... good luck! the bad beats will still keep on coming, trust me. just keep ur cool and play on.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home