Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Deep in an MTT

Well I recovered nicely from my tilt the other day and posted a great +9 units on Monday. The other nice bit of news was I placed 16th out of 1000 players today (sucks since it was only a $1 tourney hehehe) However, I never placed this deep before in an MTT online! Then again I have only played 3 MTTs since I got here.

The interesting thing was I got my +9 units WHILE playing the MTT. I think this is very important because in online play, you can play some ring games while playing MTTs and it helps you become patient. I played only 5 hands on that MTT which were KK, KK, AKs, AKo and QQ. That was in the course of over 2 hours and the ring games helped me keep my patience in check.

The hand I lost was a heartbreaker and I seriously would have been a contender if I had won that.

Hero (45K) - BB 3s3d. Chip leader of about 100K calls and SB calls. Flop was 5-7-3. The SB goes all-in with his last 5K and I call hoping for a reraise from the chip leader. Leader calls and turn was a Q. I check and Chip leader bets the pot in an instant. I knew he hit the queens and the trap was set! I raise all-in and he instacalls showing his pair queens. The unfortunate part was his other card was a 4 (Idiot called with a Q-4)

The river gave him the 6 to complete his 7 high straight! I would have taken the chip lead with about 110K if I had won the pot and would be able to cruise my way to the final table. I had to be content with 16th place for a puny $9 dollar prize (top prize was $220)

Overall it was a good experience. Am thinking of hitting some $18 MTTs now (Top prize pays over $3K) but I estimate I'd need at least 30 buy-ins to profit from this. Will have to see if the profits from the ring games can cover this phase of my game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home