Friday, February 22, 2008

Ridiculous Beats Within 8 Seconds

Well I wish things could be better but just recently I got crushed in ring. I am still happy with how I was playing but getting in your money with the best hand on 3 tables but losing all of them stings.

Hand 1 - 5-6s late position. Raised it 3.5 BB and got one caller. Flops comes 5-6-7 and I bet it out. Opponent calls and turn comes J. I felt he either had the nuts or was drawing to it. He may also have pocket 8s to 10s so I decided that I was ahead and tried to make him pay. I pushed all in and he called with A7s. River was a jack counterfeiting my 2 pair.

Hand 2 - KK vs JJ and a Jack on the flop.

Hand 3 - pocket 4s on a 4-9-J flop. I bet it out, opponent raises, I min-raise and he pushes all-in with pocket Queens. Turn 10, River King for a straight. Are you kidding me?!?!

All 3 hands happened at the same freaking time and that was enough to almost make me throw my laptop across the room. Good thing my tilt control was starting to improve and I check my points. 8 points before I ended my session so I just played my 4th table without playing a single hand untill I made 100 points.

Down $120 (3 tables at $40 each) and now down to $620. Rakeback however is soaring and is at around $120.

I am thinking of re-analyzing my playing styled from an article I read at Bluff Magazine. A hyper-aggressive but intelligent approach which is in extreme contrast to my tight aggressive style. I am averaging about $40 a day on TAG but I am pretty sure my style will not fair well in the upper limits.

Well I guess I still need to grind it out until I improve my bankroll before I make that leap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home