Saturday, February 02, 2008

January In The Books

Well I can't say my winning streak lasted all the way to the end of January. My $600+ roll took a few hits the last few days of January and I went down all the way to $350. I was feeling dejected but I took the time to really go through how I lost.

I tried to list out all the big pots where I had all my money in and in turns out that I was the favorite on almost all of them. I had probably lost close to $300 on hands that were crushed by 3 outers. Some hands were totally my fault though. Idiotic bluff attempts against AA (the effects of tilt I guess) stained my losses as well and I figured that the best medicine was to tighten down.

And even though this wasnt the best time to move up levels, I felt that I was playing good but running bad. Maybe a shift in levels would do me good.

I moved up to the 50c/$1 tables at the start of February and it started out OK. I was playing very tight and my rakeback indeed was benefitting from the increased blinds. As of this date I am back up to $440 (not counting rakeback from January) and looking to stay in the .50/1s for the next 2 months. If I can hit my goal of $800 I may finally move up to the $1/$2.

Will keep my avid readers (all four or five of you......) up-to-date.

1 Comments:

Blogger PepeSmith said...

Almost the same thing happened to me this month will post my results in my site. But it is pretty much the same with your situation. Also lost half my roll but slowly coming back. 4-5 readers? Mga 6 naman siguro ehehe jk...=)

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home