Tuesday, February 05, 2008

First Week of Feb

Ok to my six avid readers (which was vehemently corrected by Pepesmith :P ) I am now up $550 in my roll and doing pretty well in the .5/$1. Apparently the games at this level is a lot more aggressive and the average pot is somewhere at $25. This is a good area for tight aggressives like me who sometime like to mix it up with some loose action in late position.

The 4 table structure allows me to basically sit back and wait for the premium hands. After sitting for quite awhile folding everything (even from the SB) I am usually able to get away with stealing to replenish what I have lost from the blinds. When I get a premium hand I tend to let LAGs do the betting for me but I usually bet into the raiser with premium hands. More often then not they raise to take it away and it's easy enough to get all my money win as a huge favorite.

This takes patience but it seems I have cut down my poker sessions to down to one hour a day (time it takes to reach 100 FTP points). I am also maximizing my rakeback as well since most of the rake is coming from the other players.

Will post some hand histories if something interesting comes up.

2 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

oh no you jinxed it!

8:07 PM  
Blogger efs said...

eeeerrr, am i part of the 6 avid readers?

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home