Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Lesson In Humility

I had thought I was the bomb. I had thought I was untouchable.

But then I came to the realization that I was still definitely mortal and capable of losing. And I lost big.

I had reached an unprecedented level in my bankroll of $3,500 in the early parts of May. My ending balance is now:

$1090 cash
1 $25 token
$355 in rakeback
$600 withdrawn

Total cash is $2,070. total bankroll $1,470.

A far cry from the near $4,000 level but I am still surviving. What did I do wrong? it was a combination of bad beats, chasing bad draws and bad plays. I don't necessarily know which contributed the most but I do know that I played bad.

I guess admiting the truth is the first step in recovery.

3 Comments:

Blogger efs said...

you can't win everyday bro. over 2 years i had my 1st EVER losing month last april (variance AND bad play), and i really questioned my ability to play. i focused and played well again (and my hands held up more often...) so i gained my confidence and my roll hehehe

keep on grinding...

11:31 PM  
Blogger PepeSmith said...

ok lang yan.. Just go back to a lower blind and work your way up again. Remember bankroll management, if you ain't broke your good. I had a four month drought with variance and bad plays but this month I almost re-earned everything back in month time. Variance works both ways I guess. Keep grinding.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Is variance real? Or is it just to give us a scapegoat? Just playing the devil's advocate. :)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home