Friday, March 14, 2008

Crossroads

Well my play has been consistent so far and I have etched out a small profit over the last 4 sessions. I keep track of the times where I have made bad calls and it has definitely gone down to minimal levels. Suckouts of course still happen and I guess that really does happen if you can get in your money with the best hand.

I have almost crossed the threshold that I have set for myself of $1,200 and I am torn between moving up to the $1/$2 or staying in the .5/1 until the end of the month to ensure that I am truly crushing the game at this level.

So to the 7-8 (I think my reader base has increased by 15% over the last few days! Meaning I got another reader) I pose a question...

Should I move up given that I only have enough for 15 sessions? (I buy in at $80 in the $1/$2s) Let me know what you guys think.

5 Comments:

Blogger PepeSmith said...

I think you should stay a little bit longer cause if you follow the ferguson bankroll management 5% of 1200 is 60 so you should be buying in at 60 actually. Never know when that bad streak might come. Well just my opinion just to be safe.

8:00 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Just placed 5th on a $26 KO tournament so I am now up $1280 hehehe.

I hear you Pepe. I may just stay in the limit and try my hand at some MTT. Relive the golden days of $5,000 cashes!!!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger PepeSmith said...

O nga noh! Lakas mo mag cash dati sa MTT. Pahingi lol...

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Richie, Joey here....ya know, Mark's friend. I've been a regular grinder at 50/1 for half a year now with a 4k roll, I think you should stick 100nl for a while, 1/2 is on a whole different league of play and I wouldn't even think of grinding it without at least 6k$ in my roll.

12:18 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Hmmm thanks for the comments guys. Still running pretty well at this level and now at $1,450. I agree with what you are saying Joey but I am also a little bit more ambitious so I will heed your advice with a compromise. I will hit $1,600-$2,000 first before I make that leap. I think I should be ok at 20 buy-ins of $100.

(If you will notice I do not employ the max buy-in strategy and so far it has worked pretty well for me)

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home