Friday, March 21, 2008

Devastating Drought

I wasn't kidding when I said I was running bad. Let's put it into perspective....

I have lost the last 4 days playing online.

I have lost the last 17 consecutive playing sessions I played.

I have lost 23 of the last 24 big pots that I have played. I had my money in with the best hand on 19 of them (seriously! I started taking notes) and 8 of these hands I had my opponent completely dominated. The only hand where I won was when I sucked out on a dominated hand. It seems FTP is really dishing out the beats! (Maybe it's Feed The Fish Day)

I had gone from $1600 down to $710 (but a friend of mine had asked me to transfer $250) which translates to a net loss of $640.

I had moved down from $1/$2 back all the way down to 25c/50c again.

The key to recovering is through proper bankroll management and building up my confidence again and the only way I could do that is to move way down and build my roll again from the lower limits. I am seriously feeling rotten and depressed with how lady luck has treated me but I havent come this far just to turn away and give up.

Hmmmmm I just won $30 on my last session. Maybe things are about to turn around.

Hope everyone's running good

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

frog, maybe getting PT would help? I can hook you up with the free one just hit me a pm on pokermanila

1:51 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

You may be rushing it a little too much. (Who am I to talk but then again it's easier being the third person) Comments on the Crossroads post probably make more sense now than it did before you decided to move up.
But man, that AK vs AK hand was a killer. I'd probably turn off the computer immediately in disgust if that happened to me.

3:21 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

@Joey - Thanks man I might take you up on that offer.

@Ross - Point taken but I did move immediately down after I took a hit. I moved down from $1/$2 down to $.5/$1 and then all the way down to .25/.5 and still the beats were coming.

Anyway am back up to $1,100 at the .5/1s so I will reach at least $2,000 before I move up.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home