Friday, May 09, 2008

Cashing In At The $1/$2!!!

Finally after trying to move up from $.5/$1 twice and failing I have finally broken through and successfully moved up to the $1/$2 tables. I think I am starting to crush the game at this level and I can tell you the rewards are staggering!!

I have gone through 9 straight winning sessions with wins from $100 all the way up to $600! My bankroll is now currently at $3,700 and I have no plans of looking back!

For those who are about to make the same leap here are some strong tweaks that I needed to make in my game to be successful at this level.

1. Raise more with AK. I now reraise 3X any raise with AK or AQs instead of just calling and seeing the flop. If I get reraised again I need to check my notes on a certain player and if he is LAG I will call. The beauty with this move is that players here are loose enough to call you with KQ or AJ and are extremely aggressive after the flop. Once the A or K hits then pretty much all the chips are headed your way. Most of the time you will just take the pot away pre-flop.

2. Raise pocket pairs in any position. The value of sets are once again augmented because the players will try to outplay you a lot more on the flop. When you hit your set on a non-threatening board go ahead and bet around 1/3 of the pot and see yourself raised with middle pair!

3. Betting the flop and checking the turn with the nuts. I love this move. When you flop the nuts (flush on the flop or a set) go ahead and bet around 1/2 the pot. Quite a bit of players will call you with nothing and try to steal on the turn. I go ahead and oblige by meekly checking the turn where they will make a massive overbet which I simply go over. Then they are commited and the chips are all yours.

4. Increase your tolerance for losses. A raise for me now costs $7 from $3 and that is quite an increase with my roll before. I also usually started out at a $100 loss before I got my bearings and then playing tough poker. If losing that first $100 will affect your game then you're not yet ready to move up.

It does feel great to be riding the swings of a massive positive variance. Hope I can keep this up!

2 Comments:

Blogger PepeSmith said...

Galing Frog... What site do you play again?

8:54 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

FTP parin. Its the only site where I have a good rakeback eh. Plus for some reason I am very comfortable with the design.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home