Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Finally posting positive results.

Withdrawn $850 this month just to buy some nice toys for myself.

Still have a $1522 bankroll so that should be enough to keep me swinging.

Overall I am once again over the $2350 mark and slowly climbing my way back up. I have posted consistent winning sessions averaging $100 a night with some nice paydays of +$300 or more.

One winning tip I had read was simply this: "Remember this is a game. It's meant to be enjoyed"

I had reached Poker burnout relatively fast and I realized I was no longer enjoying the game. I was playing because I had to and it became more and more like work. I no longer had the drive to analyze my play or think about poker as an ever-changing puzzle that was meant to be solved. I was only playing to reach a set 200 points for rakeback which in turn was becoming a second job.

I took a break and reread some books that got me hooked again. Posting a nice 2nd place finish in a $26 90 man KO tournament solidified my missing passion for the game.

I now come away from a bad beat feeling good knowing I had gotten my money in with the best hand. I smile whenever I make a good read and call down an opponent with middle pair. Best of all, I have reduced the number of smashed mice in my internet shop due to the bad beats I have received.

It's interesting how Poker is so much like life sometimes. All it takes is for you to enjoy it, learn from mistakes and reap it's rewards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home