Friday, September 26, 2008

Taking a Break From Online

Sigh I don't know how many times I have been down this road playing online....

I was doing pretty well with a bankroll of over $1,200. That was 3 days ago.

I had gone through a very nasty swing the past few days and I saw my bankroll obliterated down to $445. I reviewed and re-reviewed my hands and I had played well! There just is so much luck in poker and Full Tilt is really feeding the fish.

Case in point, I had stopped my last session at -$275 all from losing 2 KK and 2 AA. I had exerted maximum control over this and managed to limit my losses but it still hurts like hell.

First hand KK raised on pre-flop and the flop comes 10-8-4 rainbow. I bet half pot into a guy with a lot of cash and he smooth calls. Turn 2 and I half pot again so as not to scare him and he calls again. River was an innocent Q so I bet half the pot again and he reraises me minimum. I felt he had a set so I just called and he turns over....... 4-2.

Holy shit that hand should have thrown me on tilt but I just grit my teeth and continued play. A few hands later I got AA on another table. A raise and reraise got all the money in before the flop against KK but of course a K on the flop did it for me.

AA again versus A-3 suited (but the guy was short stacked) and flop was 2-4-5. LOL. Final hand was KK versus A-10 and Ace seals it on the turn.

I have to apologize since I had promised I would try to rant less about bad beats but 3 straight days of this shit is really something worth mentioning. I'm going to try to swing my luck the other way by playing some live poker. Hopefully I won't fall asleep from playing only 1 table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home