Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back From The Dead

Well I just took a 3 day break from poker and just played a bit of Warcraft and DOTA on the battlenet. I've had a rough week at work, had a misunderstanding with my girlfriend (which has been resolved yay!) and a bad run of cards causing a major dip on my bankroll.

Well I'm back... hopefully with a better plan on the remaining 30+ days I have left in the US. Depending on how well or how bad I do it will pave my decision if I should continue my online game in Manila (If ever, Nickg I will need your help on setting up in Manila! hehehe)

I am going to post daily updates on how well I do. Currently I have pulled out $4000 which is locked profits and I am hoping that I do not touch that. I have $450 left as an online bankroll in FTP and that's where I will start. This is something that may be interesting to some of my readers since most people looking to start online will have a bankroll similar to that.

I will be logging in 30 pure days (which may be less if I lose the entire roll hehehe) and will update things as I go along.

I will be allotting 10 buy-ins to the $22+2 turbos ($240) and the remaining $210 for tournaments (about two $75s and two $26s). Not a lot of room to work with but I am working on the assumption that most online players hit a big tournament win and using those profits to set up a bankroll dozens of times larger then what they started with. More muscle to swing their weight and more profits to be reaped.

I will also be posting losses and wins. Just to give people an accurate view that its not all fun and games. The bad beats and bad streaks will happen. Mnlgrind, Eric and other Filipino online players have been through it. So to those aspiring players, take it with a grain of salt. Patience, skill and perseverance will win through but its not easy as TV makes it out to be.

Another option is I pull out $2000 back in and open up accounts in stars and party. That way I can multi table MTTs and try my hand at true pro play. It's an idea but I hope I can fund that with the wins from the small bankroll I have left.


Ground Zero:

SnG roll - $240
MTT roll - $210

Day 1 coming up. Wish me luck

8 Comments:

Blogger nickg said...

good luck bro...

7:48 PM  
Blogger suitedpairs said...

good luck dude. cant wait for my cut of the $4K! hehehe.

8:47 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

GL :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

dont forget to play "eye of the tiger" while playing! hehe

11:51 PM  
Blogger jonpokertour said...

Dude, i need $450 as a start up for my online bankroll?! That's quite big for me to start with... are there any other options? I'm not going for the big wins online pa naman e... I just want be consistenly in the money as much as i can kahit small time lang. =)

2:11 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Well $200 should be a good start if you play the SnGs. Start at the $5+.5.

dan! dan dan dan! dan dan daaaaaaaaaan!

lol

5:47 AM  
Blogger boy of destiny said...

@ JPT: 200 if you plan to play one game at a time. That's around 36 buy-ins. If you want to play more games at the same time, you gotta bloat that roll to around 250-270.

@ Gamefrog: 200 at the 22's? A bit too adventurous for my taste. :p But good luck nonetheless.

10:06 AM  
Blogger jonpokertour said...

Thanks tilter. Yeah I'd probably start playing one table at a time first. =)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home