Thursday, August 24, 2006

When The Beats Come

I am not in a habit of posting bad beats since everyone has heard of them a thousand times. But I feel it's better to lash out here on the blog rather then further damage my bankroll.

Lost roughly $250 today and though that's not too bad really what really got me steaming was that I lost it on hands where I was coming in with at least a 6-1 advantage.

Lost $110 on a cash game when I pushed all-in with 2 pair and the guy hit his trips on the river.

Lost at 47th place on the $75 MTT with a massive chip stack when I went against the chip leader. AA vs KK and he hits running flushes?!?!

Lost a turbo SnG at 4th when I get my trips jacks busted by a runner runner straight.

All on one night. It's enough to make a man go kill someone. So in favor of not losing anymore money and not commiting homicide I thought I'd just ramble on here.

Tom is another day and the beats will come and go. Things will get better I'm sure of it!! Yeah that's the spirit!!

Oh crap am all out of booze...... well that didn't last long.

8 Comments:

Blogger boy of destiny said...

Time to grind it out dude. This is what grinding is about. You gotta let the downswing come to pass. There's nothing you can do but keep playing the way you do. Good players naturally get more bad beats. ;)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

There are no bad beats.

There is no spoon.

...

Pare, i suggest you listen to "Eye of the Tiger" while playing poker. it never fails. hehe.

(intro theme) Dant. dant-dant-dant; dant-dant-dant; dant-dant-dunnnnnnnnnn...

3:33 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Hmmmm my Frozen Throne CD came in the mail and now I can play BattleNet DOTA! I may take a break from poker for a few days hehehe.

Starting fresh and archiving my old stats. Currently running at +$4,700 (yeah I know went way down from $6K+)

I think I also need to CRAVE poker again. Am starting to get sick of seeing all the 72o lol

6:51 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Waaaaah I dont have that luxury here!!

LOL when you said 70K I thought you just won 70K US Dollars. Amp Ninong Erick na tawag namin sayo nun.

Yeah I dunno... we all seem to be in a slump. Sinong may balat ha?? Sinoooo????? hehehe

10:23 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Erick, that is why I've temporarily given up on online cash games. Masyadong roller coaster, lots of bad beats which could put you on tilt...

3:52 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Just got a bad beat in an SNG and as if that wasn't enough the guy proceeds to give me a lecture on my play LOL. The guy called my early position raise with Q4o, my re-re-raise on the flop (A-Q-x rainbow - I had A) and manages to catch the 4 on the turn. Then he tells me "good read but you shouldn't have pushed since you knew I only had 2nd pair, was drawing, blah blah blah"... Just unbelievable...

4:06 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

One of the main reasons I now play with chat off. Too many asses and know-it-alls who tend to make me go on tilt.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

on a PAIR DRAW haha!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home