Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ideas and Suggestions

Nothing much happening lately. Am entered in the 100K guaranteed at pacific and will play a few $75s at FTP. Sitting out the main even ($500+35) as there are too many players and my bankroll will get slammed if I lose that one.

However, there are a lot of things on my mind and hopefully you guys can either refine it or make it a reality.

1. Pro Player Points - Poker is now booming in our country. However, it seems that tournament attendance are coming into a plateau (Nickg, Marco can you confirm this) You guys previously had a PBT player of the year. Any chance we can have that regularly? Maybe 10 years from now even a hall of fame. If you guys want calculations for points check out FTP and they have an MTT point calculator. However, you guys can invent something easier.

Another way of looking at it is keeping track of everyone's winnings. Hmmm then again this is a flag for the BIR which is a good thing and a bad thing hehe. But nothing invites more people then aspiring to be one of those big money makers in poker! Finally it may answer the question of who are the best players in the country. That is something for everyone to aspire to become.

2. Staking Online - I know a lot of people want to take the jump and some already have. I'm not saying I am rich with money flowing out of my ears but I know an opportunity when I see one. I know we have the talent to play this game but a lot of people are hampered by their bankroll. I've seen people go deep in freerolls and the time could be used a lot better when playing for real. Am thinking of staking some people who are currently playing and those who are planning to play. As long as they can show a good track record.

The basic premise is that we maxmize a lot of things. We set up a referral network that brings in a lot of free dollars. We work together in releasing bonuses on multiple accounts and I stake (lets say $200+) and the player gets to play online poker for 50/50 split and minimal risk. i take advantage of their time and skill... they get to play for real! For those already playing... then it's a matter of exponentially increasing their roll and going to the higher limits. The check and balance is I get access to their accounts. I can't withdraw but I can see the withdrawal history. FTP is also best because of the fund transfer.

I know this will take some time and research. I am in the IT consulting and outsourcing business.... this just seems like a golden outsourcing deal hehehe.

My ultimate goal is to have 8 PCs in a condo and have 8 good players coming in and playing all day for a salary lol.

3. Poker Beer Tournament - Takes skill, luck and a good bit of alcohol tolerance. Each level we drink one beer. Any pot all-in win the winner chugs a beer. At the end of it all, the playing field is roughly even for anyone! Good/lucky players are stone drunk and those with the short stacks are still rational enough to have a fighting chance!

LOL. I know.... I gotta do something else with my time.... Oh look a tournament! Later!

7 Comments:

Blogger 11Finger said...

I've actually done that staking thing but with people I know, I think once we know each other more there will be more activity towards this end...

1:14 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

AMP you guys are making a killing on those satellites!!! Am not winning my $75s too.... Hmmmm I think am playing too tired. I keep falling asleep on my chair from rounds 1-3 LOL.

Yeah on the staking thing I need to look into that. Currently am staking a friend on some MTTs till ge gets a big win. Well its an idea that we can discuss. I'm not making any promises and definitely people I stake needs to be people I can trust.

Any thoughts on the pro poker points and the beer tourney (emphasis on the beer tourney LOL)

I'll be looking our for you on the big tournament Erick. If you win balato ng 1% ha??? Morale support eh!

2:26 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Erick, 11finger. You guys got YM? Mine is ErtaiCorruptor. We should be able to chat in real time rather then waiting for replies on my blog lol.

2:35 PM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Langya also just got knocked out with AA. Cutoff raises, SB goes all in, I'm at BB with aces of course I call, cutoff also calls and shows 10Jo. SB shows 99. Flop comes 5KK and turn is of course a 9...

2:54 PM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Mine's Ordnacin

2:56 PM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Just took a look at my hand history, cutoff went all in pala immediately (shortstacked)... Funny thing is river was a Q giving 10Jo a straight... I went from big favorite to worst hand...

3:01 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Nickg? Marco? you gus have any opinions on the Pro player points?

BTW nice thing pulling in the WPT to Manila. Its the start of something big.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home