Saturday, August 12, 2006

Weathering the Storm

I am running bad. Real bad. I have finished out of the money in the last 9 tournaments and have an ITM% of only 25% in SnGs. Am doing ok at the $22 SnGs winning at least 50% but I have gone 0/5 on the $11s.

Currently I am at around -$385 based on my computations in the last 5 days. I am not sure where my leak is but the bad beats are really raining on me hard. Case in point I just finished a $75 tournament (I play one of these big ones once a week) and was eliminated by a furious swing of luck.

I was at the average stack of around 5K when I get KK. An early raise in front of me was perfect and I put in a reraise. The BB then went all-in for about 4K. The inital raiser raises all-in as well! I didn't think anyone had aces as the BB felt like a push. The inital raiser probably had AK or QQ but I didn't think he had the rockets.

I was right.

First player - AQs
Hero - KK
BB - JJ

I had the best hand going in on the flop and was poised to triple up and seriously be a contender in this tournament!

Flop comes 9-4-J rainbow. WTF!!! Trips on the flop for the BB! I look away in utter disgust when the turn comes the beautiful KING!!! Take that sucker!!!!!!!

I was so excited I was just hoping that the final card was not a Jack again and it came out 10! Woohoo no help!! But then the chips didn't go my way and I saw that AQ hit the runner runner straight taking me out once again in another tournament.

I was devasted and played 2 more SnGs. I threw that away and got a hold of myself. I already knew this feeling of tilt and thought I better just post on the blog rather then throw more precious dollars away.

I have withdrawn $4000 safely in my bank account and under no circumstances am I touching it. It's locked pure profits which I hope will boost my confidence in my remaining bankroll. I have roughly $800 left and from there I will once again try to build up on that to roll with the big boys.

Tomorrow is a 50K tournament for $70 at pacific. There is also a guaranteed 250K tournament at fTP for a whopping $200+16 entry fee. Hmmm maybe I will try to play a satellite into that instead of popping the full amount. Well tom is another day.

Hope everyone is raking it in on the felt! Good luck and good pot odds!

10 Comments:

Blogger 11Finger said...

Erick,

Am playing at the FTOPS event #1 at FTP monday 6am... John Juanda, Howard Lederer and Andy Bloch are currently registered...

7:01 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Gamefrog,

I played a freeroll satellite to the 250K guaranteed tourney earlier today (buyin was 2000FTP points) and I won a seat... first place is currently $55k... sana manalo tayo lahat... good luck all...

7:02 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

erick - Yeah in FTP all pros have their name in RED so just skim through and click on a red name or red table and you should see the pros.

11Finger - Nice one man! Hmmmm I'll try a satellite too to get in cheap.

Good luck guys!! Lets bring in the big bucks! WSOP 2007 here we come! Hehehehe

7:32 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

btw Erick do you have a blog?? I hope you post an Omaha strategy as I am always looking to open up my game further. I tried playing Omaha in play money and everyone just kep going all in on every hand!!!

7:38 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Gamefrog,

I don't suggest learning with play money, everyone seems to just go all in everytime... Probably better to play the microlimits...

7:39 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Sounds good. 11Finger are you in Manila or playing from the US as well? Good thing the 250K is at 6pm US and not at an ungodly 4pm (4am for erick) at stars.

Will be playing the Pacific 50K and maybe a 10K guaranteed for today.

8:47 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Just tried a satellite to that Pokerstars $1 Million Guaranteed Tourney, really thought I going to get a seat (my pockets were holding up - several times hitting trips, AK/AQ/AJ would hit top pair at the very least). I was on my way to a very healthy chip stack with 64 players to go (top 24 gets a seat). Was all in with trips 9 against A4 offsuit and already calculating whether I could coast with my stack to the final 24 but what do you know his 4 of clubs hits runner runner flush (guess I used up all my luck earlier)... That confrontation took out 3/4 of my chips and eventually I busted out a few hands later...

8:52 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Gamefrog,

No am here in the Phils, and thank goodness the 250K is at 6am I initially thought it was at 4:30am... probably will go to sleep in a while... How's the 50K at Pacific ? Do they have good blind structure there ? What's the buyin ? Used to play at Pacific cash games but decided to concentrate with SNG's (and now dabble in tourney's as well)... Try you hand at the 250K who knows we might get lucky, anyway you're already playing with profit...

8:55 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Erick, is that the rebuy tourney ? What's the strategy ?

9:04 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Yeap. Am playing $340 worth of profits today on 3 tournaments. The pacific tournaments suck in my opinion. Very sharp spikes on the payout and the blind structure is bad without antes. FTP and stars are the best in this category. i just keep a few hundred there to play the 10Ks and 50K so i can multi table with FTP.

oh and guys... GET SOME SLEEP! LOL. Use a bullhorn to wake up. Good luck guys... I got 2 hours to do my laundry and play the first tournament. (Yeah I chose clean clothes over the 12pm tournament. Am not a true poker junkie hehehe)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home