Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 1 Update

Well day 1 wasn't all that good. I am also probably going to input the daily updates on top of other topics that I think off just to maintain my outlet for weird ideas.

Played a $26 dollar MTT and 3 $22+2 turbos. Long story short I did not get ITM of the MTT (700+ players) and made it ITM on only 1 of 3 turbos. The good news is I placed first on that one so that lessened the blow a bit.

Some things I noticed...

1. I am having a hard time detaching myself from the money. I need to start thinking in units again versus money because I find myself looking at the bankroll too much.

2. I still believe in the great potential for returns of MTTs (Hey 99% of my profits came from MTTs) but due to its high risk nature, I need to be able to pad my bankroll a bit before I can safely traverse these dangerous waters again.

3. My bankroll is under siege due to the high stakes (comparable to the bankroll) and should play a bit more conservatively. This style may not be suited for most new players but can be a path for those who are willing to take bigger risks.

So I MAY slow down on the MTTs until I can build a better roll through SnGs. Hopefully if I can get a 20-30% increase I can use those profits to fund my MTTs. I plan on playing the $75s a lot once I get more breathing room because that is the MTT that has netted me the most profit. Fewer players (300 max) and its a double stack tournament allowing for skill to win out more then luck.

Running Count - ($25)
Bankroll - $425

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home