Thursday, August 10, 2006

Results of Experiment

I have performed the experiment at Pacific playing a nitro extreme tournament to speed up the increase of the blinds. I had to fold all hands from level 1-3 since stealing the blinds did not mean anything. I was also trying to build a tight image that would be helpful in the later rounds.

When level 4 came up I started raising 6XBB (a little more the usual) to set a strong perception of a premium starting hand. I did not perform steal on the button too much as it may come across as a pure steal. I did most steals on the cutoff, middle position and even UTG! Just to mix things up. I was able to make a steal per round which kept me on track with the average stack. I also usually raise BIG when there are multiple limpers in a pot

On the times I was called I based my decision on the flop. If I was called with my big raise, I look at the flop. If I see all low cards then that merits a pot bet. If reraised I will fold as it may be an overpair. If a flop comes down with an ace or a face card I check and bet if checked around to me.

I got caught when the flop came 9-7-3 rainbow. I did't put the guy on an overpair and when he checked I bet half the pot. He raised the minimum which seemed weak and I pushed. He instacalled and showed his pocket 7s. At that time I looked at my cards and I actually held A-9! Makes you think.....

I finished 62nd out of 218 players. It was a pretty good feeling betting out strong with confidence since I always just pictured myself holding pocket aces every hand.

Oh and to those that took Nickg's bet you just won P5K! The only time I looked at my hand was at the very last one since I figured I needed a miracle to win that. However, I don't think that it's really fair since I just played a small $8 tournament so I wouldn't get tempted hehehe.

Till next time people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home