Sunday, August 06, 2006

ITM for the 200K and 50K

Those 2 tournaments are the biggest I have ever played in. Here is a quick summary of what occured:

50K Event - Total players 825 - Pays top 90 players - starting stack 2000

I played this at 4 pm and things didn't start out too good. I wasnt getting premium hands and not hitting my small pocket pairs. I sit very patiently and got down to around 1200 in chips. After an hour of waiting I finally get KK and since I was in early position (EP) I limp in. A raiser in late position and a reraise got my attention but this was it. I reraised all-in and sandwiched the initial raiser which made him fold. The other called with AK and he didn't hit his aces getting me back in the game. By now the blinds are starting to get higher so some well positioned steals as well as postflop play got me up to around 6K.

However, I was still below average by the break. I went into aggressive mode and whenever a pot had 4 or more limpers I raised all-in. I was able to do this 3 times before I got called with my 7d9d hand. Opponent had AQo so I was happy that my cards were live. I hit the 9 on the flop and went on to double up.

I was clear in the money when I finally got a real hand. I raised with QQ and got reraised by the chip leader who was the BB. I thought about it and decided it seemed like a resteal so I pushed all-in. He thought awhile and called with 44. I guess he put me on AK. The flop was 3-7-Q. I was ecstatic at doubling up when the turn came.... 5 and the river gave a freaking 6. I lost to a runner runner straight and busted out at 58th out of 825 players.

Entrance Fee - $65+5
Prize Money - $210

Total Profit - $140


200K Event - Total players 1238!!! With Keith Sexton and 3 other pros playing the event!! - Pays top 120 players - starting stack 3000

I was playing this event while playing the 50K won and it started out the same. My 3K stack shrunk to 1,400 after some bad calls when I was dominated (AQ vs AJ) I stole some blinds and came a turning point when a raiser went all-in with about 1,000. I had A-8s and thought the guy was raising with trash so I called. The BB raised all-in! I had to call with my remaining 600ish and they showed:

Raiser - K-7
BB - 9-9
Me - A8

My hand was live but was an underdog to the BB. I flop the beautiful ace and I triple up.

The next stage was clearly about stealing the blinds. I did not get a single premium hand in the next 2 hours and the best hand I saw was AJs. However, well timed blind steals and resteals kept me alive and slowly increased my stack to keep abreast the average stack.

And then the wonderful announcement: "All tables are now playing hand for hand" the signal that we were at the bubble and everyone would be in the money after one more person busts!

I got in short stacked and had to push with QJ. One guy had KJ and I was dominated 4 to 1. No miracle draws there and I finished 99th out of 1238 players.

Entrace Fee - $200+15
Prize Money - $430

Total Profit - $215

Overall Profit - $355

Not the best way to end my day with a top prize of over $50,000 but none of the pros made it in the money so that made me feel good.

Oh and I just found out I am now ranked 97th overall in the multi table tournaments leaderboard at Full Tilt. Top 100 at the end of the month will receive free tokens for entrances and cash (1st gets $1,000) plus bragging rights. I have a goal now and of course thats to be in the top 10 or number one slot before August ends.

Thanks for reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home