Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dominated... and a Request

I broke my record. I was the 2nd person out in a tournament yesterday! I know I know... rule no 1. But I went with Rule no 2 and caught a big ass fish and there was no way I could let go!

I had 6-6 in the BB and was able to see a cheap flop. Flop was A-9-6 and the SB checks so I check as well. Button bets the pot, SB calls and of course I raise! Button thinks and pushes all-in. SB folds. I look at the board and see no flush draws, possible straight draws... Button would not allow us to get in cheap with AA so that leaves 9-9... but what are the chances of that happening. I put him on AJ or A9 and call with all my chips on the second hand of the tournament.

He shows.... 9-9. I was dominated drawing to 1 out. The poker gods were not in a sick mood and did not give me my 1 outer for the win. I was out at 437th place out of 438 hehehe.

Well this kind of things happen. I can only put my money in where I have the best hand (Or when I THINK I have the best hand) At least I wasnt dominated by AK vs AQ or something like that. I will put my tournament line on a trips at the very least... never on one pair so early in the tournament.

I went to place ITM on 2 of 4 MTTs last night for a small profit. The good thing is as long as I place ITM 40% of the time I will still make small profits. The higher I go the bigger the profits. A final table and its a huge payday!

Keep reading and posting people!

Which leads me to a request. To anyone and everyone who reads my blog and go over my incessant ramblings, do me a favor and just post a quick comment. Even as simple as saying my grammar sucks or a question just so that I get a feeling that I am talking to the Poker community rather then an endless void hehehe. Leave your blog links too so I can also take a look at what you've been up to.

5 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

pinoyrounders.blogspot.com

This was us before online poker... LOL!

8:19 PM  
Blogger suitedpairs said...

could not blame you for the all-in dude. i would have done the same in a heartbeat. you have take console in the belief that if you continue to make good decisions, you will profit in the long run. bad beats will happen, but poker players never die! hehe. best of luck to the next tourney.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

you did the right thing, and sometimes even doing the right thing gets you in trouble. that's poker hehe. there's this quote that says probability is like gravity, you cant escape it hehe.

A few days ago i was flopping A-3-9 with A-3 suited, throwing bombs and then someone had 9-9 pala. Then i had K-T, hit T-T-5 flop. Betting getting called, turn A, river 5. Guy had A-T. wiped me out that night hehe.

dont worry bro, you got some regular readers here.

9:53 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Thanks guys! Yeah it was the correct move I know. Beats and domination will happen especially when I play this many tournament. I can't wait to get home and play live!!

Thanks for the replies people. If there are other people here who have theor own blog links please post as I would like to continue my poker knowledge and get to the know the poker players at home.

I know Mav, Mnlgrind and Suitedpairs (Suited I actually met online). Oh and if someone could be so nice as to explain who I link other blogs from mine please send me an email (dont post that! I work it IT and don't want to come off as a donk! Lol yeah am too lazy to figure it out)

3:59 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Bah sorry for the bad spelling on my last comment. Woke up at 5 AM from a wrong number.......

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home