Monday, October 09, 2006

Blogger Tournament Series?

Well I appreciate Mav holding up the Blogger Tournament until I get back. With that I will handle the booze for the first one hehe. Given that this is my last week in the US and I will be heading back home, let's go ahead and talk when and how we should do this. Please comment here so we can consolidate opinions and suggestions.

One Time or Series?

One Time Tournament would essentially mean we crown the winner of the event (and gets the pot) A series would mean more logistics and planning but would allow us more time to hang out and get to know each other (Like BBC?) and maybe get the true champion after the variances smoothen things out.

A series could be once a week, points being gained by participants and winners and the top 8 players get to play in the championship match. A small pot is collected per event to add to the Championship Pot.

Logistics

So where do you want to play? Given the uncertainties due to recent events it would be safer if no locations are published but the host contact be given. Lets keep it down to people we know and trust. I don't really think we are on the radar but better be safe then sorry.

If one-time then no worries as its not a regular thing. We can hold it maybe at servitek or just at a home game. I like places with actual dealers though hehe.

Buyin and prize payout

Everyone here I would think is comfortable at different levels in stakes so lets try to find a happy median. Here are just a few sample buy-in recommendations:

P500
P1000
P2000
P3000

I think keeping it below P5000 would allow us to keep the competition at a friendly level. Anything lower then P500 and I feel it would not be a good test of skill as the pressure is almost non-existent. In terms of payouts we can go with:

10% to host (or establishment if we do hold it at one) If host, they have to provide booze and some food!

20% to cumulative pot (if we choose to make it a series)

70% total pot. Let's use normal SNG payout settings.


When is the first one?

I am already excited to play live and I think 11finger and I will hit ACF on the first day I land LOL. But in a tournament setting I think Monday may be out due to people watching the WPT final table. Does Wed sound good?

Be heard boys and girls so we can get this thing rolling.

17 Comments:

Blogger GameFrog said...

Let me get my vote in:

Series!

I can't offer my place but would be happy in either home games with actual tables or to libis. No real preference as long as its within 20 miles of QC hehehe. Maybe even online qualifiers SOMETIMES (I still like live)

P2000 at least!!!

Wednesday!

hahaha sorry if there were subliminal suggestions on my post. But hey I posted it.

8:36 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Let's have a one time thing first just to get it going and get to know each other, I think Mav maybe setting that up... then we can discuss it further there (before we get drunk of course hehe)...

8:49 AM  
Blogger boy of destiny said...

bang bang im in. :p

from experience, let's start playing around 2pm, keep the game going until 10pm, and all the while drinking.

BENGA.

9:28 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

BTW, 10%+30%+70% is 110%... sagot mo added sa pot ? ;-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

hate to be the killjoy here... but i agree with 11finger... let's do the first one and play it by ear... if it's a good one it might be a reincarnation of the bbc 500... but the problem here is if it gets huge monthly, Big Brother's going to rain on our parade.

Series is good... for the uber competitive peeps... but a 500-1000 buy-in FRIENDLY game ain't too bad at all :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Alright so thats 3 in favor of testing the waters and putting up a one time thing first. I agree but when??

Mav definitely will be leading the logistics if he has time. This is just a concensus on the small things like buy-ins and such. Ano nga ba kuya? P1-2K?

10:18 AM  
Blogger AReyes said...

sunday afternoon. Everyone is free and not too much pressure for the next day since it will be in the afternoon.

1k is a good buy-in.

Ariel

1:57 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Pwede din kaso I can't this Sunday. I have a P100K guaranteed tournament this Sunday hehehe.

3:11 PM  
Blogger nickg said...

Play at my place...we have tables, chips, PVC cards, dealers

5:26 PM  
Blogger jonpokertour said...

Nice idea to!

Ok lang one time event pero series would be better :)

For the buy-in, P1000 is enough na cguro.

Anyday ok! basta after officehours pag weekdays =) hehehe...

6:56 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

yay Nickg! teka teka... taga san ka? hehehehe

7:02 PM  
Blogger suitedpairs said...

series would be nice

buy-in of 2000 would be the right amount for me

nicks place would be good also, malapit sa akin. hehe

cant wait!

9:05 PM  
Blogger nickg said...

suited, you're gonna kill me, but...

considering we're probably in the minority living on the southside, let's hold the thing at servitek. that way we get *ALL* the amenities.

Hook it up, Miguel :)

11:15 PM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

Frog, what's your cell num pala so we can play on monday if ever...

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jazmin said...

Can we make it P500 to 1k buyin only? That's if it's ok with you guys. Except the fact that it will be the only range we (Che and Jaz... and maybe a few others) can spare, but it will also be more fun. I have to be honest. We would love to play as much as our time permits. But more than that, we can only play within our financial means.

2:40 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

I cant remember my cell 11fing. Could everyone please send me their cell numbers at team_ertai@yahoo.com please? Thanks!

@Jaz - Sure! P1,000 buy-in sounds good naman. That's exactly why I posted this thread because we will all be comfortable at different levels. The primary goal is to get everyone together with what they are comfortable with.

Can someone ask mav to check this out and maybe hook up with the logistics? Sorry excited nako eh!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

ok, ill start setting it up. maybe end of the month? sorry down pa din server ng smart broadband till now damn muthafuckas.

ill see if we can use skylounge on a weekend.

Buy-in should be just around 1,500? INCLUDING chip-in for food and drinks, dealer pay, etc. maybe mga 1,200 into the pot, whaddaya say? or 1,300 then 1,100 into the pot or something like that. lets keep it low muna.

im estimating at the very least 3 tables.

Let's start early evening nalang. the game should start before 9pm.

Ill check the calendar and maybe have the final structure and schedule by the end of the week.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home