Saturday, October 07, 2006

When Being In the Top 3% Doesnt Matter

Played an MTT today out of 570 people and finished at 20th. Honestly, it was a heart breaker and I would have preferred to be the first one out. It was a 3 hour marathon as usual and the swings were unbelievable. I made it ITM with an average stack.

However, I kept getting second best hands. It took all of my concentration and will power to lay most of them down when I knew I was beat. My set vs a made flush, AJ with an ace on the board vs what turned out to be AQ....

At last I couldn't help myself but push all-in with A8 on the button but wouldnt you know it, the BB had the balls to call with a 55. I guess I should have been happy with 2 overcards but I didnt hit and I was out at 20th.

Total Win - $55
Entry Fee - $26

Profit - $29

Woot.

First was a whopping $3K+ again and I could really smell the money! Hmmm probably lacking in practice and just went short on luck. Well too tired to play another one so I may try my hand in ring games again with my last $110. Most of the games I will play back home would be ring so I better not get too dependent on my tournament skills.

My first goal - double my bankroll.

My end goal - Get a $1000 more out of Online Poker before I head home.

7 Days and counting!!!!!

Wish me luck!!

1 Comments:

Blogger GameFrog said...

Bleh now I remember why I abhor ring games... too easy to tilt online. Lost like $50 in 20 min.

Well I got either 4 more SnGs or 2 more MTTs before I suck my account dry hehehe. All good since I can only play until Tuesday which is when the cutoff for Neteller is in getting the funds to my account.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home