Saturday, September 16, 2006

After 60 Days of Online Poker....

Well today marks my 60th day playing online poker. I was playing a 994 man MMT and I was hoping to have a final table picture to go with this post but no such luck as I finished 59th.

So far it has been a great experience. It almost seems like a distant memory when I loaded in my first $200 in Pacific and was so eager to play that I woke up at 4 AM to start playing before I went to work. That first bankroll lasted me 3 days which really goes to show that you have to pay some learning fees when you start. I wasnt accustomed to the speed of online play and was tilting too much when I lost a big hand. With the next game just a click away, it is indeed a perilous place.

I almost immediately put in another $400 at Full Tilt this time and lost 50% of that in one day. Things were looking bleak and I admit I felt like this wasnt working out. I stopped and thought about what I seemed to be doing wrong. I sat down and thought about the leaks of my game and tried to improve on them. Then came 10 straight days of winning in the cash games and I was soon even again.

The turning point of my online success, (though not really very impressive compared to others) was when I remembered I had $21.25 in bonus dollars in my Pacific account. I saw a Guaranteed 10K tournament for 18+1.80 and thought this was a good way to close this account. I have always played better at tournaments but I was intimidated by the number of players in MTTs online.

I placed 4th in that tournament and won over $700. I just doubled my bankroll in 4 hours! I then started looking into MTTs more and have started playing them. I bought more then half a dozen poker books and improved my game from the sound advice on some of them.

I started getting ITM pretty often on the big tournaments but couldn't seem to win the championship. One tournament saw me bust out of the bubble at 10th and was not able to make the final table due to a mistake. I was devastated and took a break. I consoled myself thinking that there was another tournament just 30 minutes away.

THAT tournament I won.... for $3,680.

I was ecstatic!! I called up room service and ordered the largest steak they had with a bottle of wine. Cost me $110 but with no one with me here so I just felt I had to be good to myself.

The next weeks gave me more ITMs and one 4th place finish for $1,970 but no big wins until exactly 30 days after my first win. I won the $26 MTT out of 600+ players for my biggest win of $3,945!!!

60 days of online poker brought me....

- 40+ ITM finishes in MTTs
- 7 Final Tables
- 2 Championships

As of this moment.... Total Profit of $7,450

And most importantly, a lot of new friends that I have met online. MnlGrind, Maverick, Nickg, Erick, 11Finger, JPT, Nuts and everyone else that I failed to mention.

It's been a blast and I enter the final stretch before I finally head back home.

Cya guys in 30 days!!

-Richie

4 Comments:

Blogger AReyes said...

That is awesome man. I am trying to do multi tables as well but not as big. I tried a big one but there was unlimited rebuy's and it freaking was tough... Will check it out more.

Ariel

11:58 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

It's been an awesome month for you. Congrats! I hope my months would be like that... LOL!

3:44 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

@Ariel - stay away from the unlimited rebuy tournaments as that requires different strategies and a LOT more patience given that it can take 7-8 hours to finish.

@Mark - Well you're starting to dabble on MTTs and its only a matter of time when you hit it big as well.

Naks Monthsary ko pala ngayon hahahaha

9:18 AM  
Blogger jonpokertour said...

Congrats Gameforg! Sarap nung steak mo cguro after an awesome win! hehehe...

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home