Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ship It Baby!!

So what happened? Did GameFrog squander away his chips? Did he tighten up and get deep in the Final Table? Did he take calculated risks and won the tournament?

I can't remember.... I was too wasted from 8 bottles of Corona hehehe. But I remember taking a screenshot and was happy to see this....





$3,945!! SHIP IT BABY!!! Hehehe that felt good to say.

With 671 entries and only a 1,500 starting stack I told myself I will be willing to gamble a bit more then usual. I didnt want to cling on for hours on a short stack without a real chance at winning this.

The first big hand I had was when I held QJs in late position. There were several limpers and I bring it in for a 4X raise. Since the blinds were small everyone called and flop comes QJ9. I got 2 pair but there is a straight draw possibility. I bet the pot and got 1 caller. River was a blank and I bet the pot again... other guy raises me and I push all-in. He had AQ and a Jack came on the river to seal the deal.

I was playing another small tournament at the same time so that kept my patience in check. After awhile I held A9s and raised in late position. got a flush draw and massively overbet the pot hehehe. Guy calls and I hit the flush on the turn. Since he was committed to the pot it was easy enough to get all his chips in.

After the first break I was up around 6K. I was able to get full price on my AA and was able to outplay some opponents on the flop with risky all-in raises.

I just realized one good thing about online poker over live games... I get to scream "FOOLLLDDDD!!!!" over and over and they can't pick it up as a tell hehehe.

ITM came by with me being aroun 40K stack. Had one hand where I had the guy dominated KK vs QQ. Flop comes K83 all hearts. No worries he didnt have a heart too and my trips made sure he was drawing almost completely dead. Turn was J of hearts.... wait a minute.... River 6 of hearts. In the name of everything holy.... a SPLIT POT???? crap.

However, being a nice and polite player I say "nice hand" and he apologizes on the major suckout. It happens I guess. However, I think that lit up my good karma and went on a tear with successful blind steals and resteals. I always showed my strong steals. AK, AQ, medium PP. I showed them all while chatting with the table. I wanted people to cement my image that I am nice... but when I raise get the hell out of MY pot.

2 people didn't listen and when I had AQs I reraise a raise. The flop comes A8Q and guy goes all-in. I call in a heartbeat and he show A-8. I now have 230K in chips and was in the final table.

The second guy was from my screenshot where I held KK. Raise on my blinds and I put him all-in. His A10 doesnt draw his 3 outer.

From there it was blind steal, wait, more blind steals and a successful takeout when my pp held up on the coin flip against a short stack overcards.

I had a 4-1 chip lead when I got heads-up and pushed when I got AK. He had 99s and it was a classic coin flip for the championship.

X - X - X - K - X

Pass the sugah!!!!! Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger AReyes said...

That is wonderful man! Great news. For sure you don't need to "pad" your roll! LOL! Good job again.

Ariel

9:20 AM  
Blogger 11Finger said...

yun balato ko ? SHIP IT! hehe

Yeah that's one thing about online poker you can jump out of your seat, shout at your monitor "FOLD GOD DAM-MIT" and not feel the least bit embarrased... That and playing in your underwear...

9:39 AM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Congrats! I'm expecting over-flowin' b00000ze!

Next stop ACF? I'll be the guy in pink! LOL

12:57 PM  
Blogger suitedpairs said...

congrats pare! nice to hear. i definitely with the fact that you can scream, "fold you somamabitch! cant you see i got only 200 chips left if you call!" hehe. good luck sa future tourneys! balato ko a!

8:47 PM  
Blogger jonpokertour said...

Congrats dude! Yung tokens mo ba ginamit mo dito? nice padding! tuloy mo na poker party mo pagdating mo dito. hehehe...

11:26 PM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Thanks all. Hmmmm yung mga nag congrats lang sakin ang ililibre ko bwahahahaha. Para kayo kayo lang hehehe.

Yeah I used the tokens... now I stopped that strategy na hehe. I have enough to play aggressively on the tournaments again. But I guess people can do the same thing and hopefully just hit one big tounament.

Nice going 11finger... 2 major "almost" final tables. Keep at it am sure its just around the corner.

MnlGrind - Yeah I am not sure if I will have the time to keep playing online when I get back... but I will hit all the live games back home and see if things have changed, or my play has changed. ACF is one of the key places where I wanna try Dynamite FISHING hehehe

6:07 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

damn dude! you are raking it in! hehe!

Awesome. Cant wait to join the battlefield. damn it's taking forever.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

gamefrog should be called "the natural" hehe

4:10 AM  
Blogger nickg said...

Nice!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home