Sunday, August 12, 2007

Running Bad

Well I lost the $40 that MnlGrind transferred to me and I asked for another $60. Switched my game from ring to SnGs and did pretty well at the $6+.5. Moved up to 11+1 when I reached $100 and was up a good $120.

Then it all went downhill again. Didn't place ITM for the last 8 SnGs and 3 times I busted out on the bubble. The thing was every single time I busted I placed my money with the best hand. Not just higher cards with my opponent live but completely dominated hands!!

AQ vs AJ, A10 vs A8 and pocket queens over pocket jacks. Every single time I was outdrawn and I am losing my belief that FTP is a random site. I know the mantra of the great poker players is to just be able to place in your money when you have the best hand and let the cards play it out.

Still it's enough to put anyone on tilt when they get outdrawn the last 8 times. I am down to a paltry $22 and am back to playing the $6s. Not really a resounding welcome back to online play but I know the variance will iron out in the long run.

5 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

yeah man variance is a bitch keep on playing you'd be killing soon.

3:11 AM  
Blogger GameFrog said...

Thanks bro.

Managed to claw out of the hole and got myself back up to $60. Had another bitch hand on the bubble when I reraised KK vs 55 and 5 hits the flop. Would have been back up to the $95 but I guess you can't win em all.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pare LAOS ka na! retire lol - attybubba

8:48 AM  
Blogger sabs said...

Hi!

I’m Sabs and I’m helping out with the promotions of the Asia-Pacific Poker Tour. I guess by now you’ve heard about it from all the satellite tournaments happening around the city (and hopefully from the media releases and print ads we’ve come out with so far).

It would be great if you can help us spread the poker craze to other poker fans. You can post a link to the website www.appt.com.ph or post http://www.appt.com.ph/appt.jpg , the link to the jpeg of the print ad we’ve released through the major newspapers of the metro.

Thanks so much! Here’s to poker!

Sabs

7:38 PM  
Blogger boy of destiny said...

Welcome back dude. You should considering building your bankroll and allow for 30x the buy in. 6.5's with 60 bucks is really putting your back against the wall. 10 game downswings are normal in SnG's. :)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home