Saturday, October 04, 2008

Metro 2M Tournament Report

First Break

Here at the frog after the first break and thought to write how I am doing which would hopefully give me some clarity.

I had some pretty good hands for the early part of the tournament but unfortunately I wasn't getting paid on any of them.

I had gotten a royal flush which only got in a measly 1,500 chips and another hand I folded pre-flop with A-9 which would have turned quad 9s.

I had also gotten great starting hands that came up one card short of allowing me to triple up. I had called a small raise with 9-9 and the flop came K-J-7 rainbow. Pot bet got me out and turn brought the 9. The pot became massive versus K-J 2 pair and AA which won in the end when the board paired the 7. Sigh what could have been!

These cards, although good got me a little tilting which is weird. Then came the fateful hand where I held J-J where there was a raise and reraise. Auto fold right? Of course not I was running hot and called. Flop was rags and I bet the pot and my opponent raises all-in. I called covering him and he had KK which held up.

Reduced my starting stack of 15,000 to 12,300 (had it all the way up to 22K) so still in there. Need to get my mind on track.... I am playing soooo badly but getting really lucky. That's always a bad combination as it never holds up in consistency.

Let's see how this comes along.

Second break.... NOT

Well that was quick. Blinds now at 300-600 with antes of 100. I got blinded down to 8500 given I had absolutely no playable hands along with early raises which I couldn't reraise. First time it comes to me unraised I push all-in with 4-4 and 11finger calls me down with 10s. No miracle card for me and I am out.

If anything, I just realized my live game sucks so bad now. Gotta get out of the online thinking...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosie Morgan said...

Break is In Blackjack, to exceed 21.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Nicholas M Oster said...

Break is In Blackjack, to exceed 21.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Max Long said...

Break is In Blackjack, to exceed 21.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Lauren Pittman said...

Break is In Blackjack, to exceed 21.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home