Tuesday, July 24, 2007

ACF 40K Event

Horrendous.

I was looking for a game today and saw the 40K freeroll that was up at ACF. Decided to take the day off to play so got there by 1 pm. Played a few rounds of Bacarrat and got myself up by around 8K so a P100 entrance seemed hilarious.

I was already blinded out for a few rounds which didnt matter and the first hand I saw was K-8s. Since it was a rebuy tournament and I knew aggression was key in the early rounds, I called two all-in bets and won when I hit 2 pair. I had a healthy stack and just kept on playing aggresive.

I was soon at around 18K from the 5K starting stack and looked down at AKo. Someone in early position goes all-in for 6K and I reraise all-in to isolate. I even stated so to make the other players know of the move....

I get called by 3 players.... One of them hits a trip 7s (he had Q-7o) and I am crippled. It was absolutely disgusting what some people will go all-in with on a rebuy tournament. I play a few more hands before I made use of the rebuys. I bought in for 2 rebuys and never got up again. But when add-ons were offered I took 2 and had 16K in chips going into the freezeout rounds.

Blind steals was key at this stage and this is were I love the game and soon enough through aggressive play and a couple of lucky all-ins I got to the final table.

Here is where I am ranting. This was absolutely THE WORST blind structure I have ever seen in my whole poker life!!! We had 3-6K blinds and 1k antes which were a little steep but still ok. However, the next round went 5-10K and 2K antes!! WTF??

The next round?? 8-16K and then 10-20K and then the ungodly 20-40K. When we got down to 5 handed I had about 185K and about 3rd in chips. I had less then 5BB for crying out loud!!! The game degenerated into a lottery where I lost when I ran up against pocket queens as I tried to steal with a K-8s. 4th place paid out P3,ooo something. Whoopeee (dripping sarcasm)

All in all it was a fun and light tournament but now I once again ask the tournament organizers to please let me know of any good poker tournaments around.

Thanks for reading

1 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

you played a freeroll what did you expect? 100k pesos? hahaha :P

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home