Wednesday, September 30, 2009

$1/$2 Move

On September 29 I had reached $1,600 on my bankroll and given that it is now at 40 buy-ins of the $1/$2 tables (at 40BB per table) I have gone ahead and decided to move up. My move down rate would be 30 buy-ins which means I would move back down if I went down to $1,200.

It has started out pretty rocky across 3 sessions of 3 tables at a time. The results are:

Starting Bankroll - $1,510.9 (with a $50 bonus coming and close to $80 in rakeback)

Session 1 - $1,582.65 (+$71.75)
Session 2 - $1470.05 (-$112.6)
Session 3 - $1,310.00 (-$160.05)

Tilt has been a serious factor as I had started both losing sessions with either a bad decision or a bad move. I had called a short stack's all-in move with 9-9 where he showed Q-Q. Not exactly sure why I called as I am either in a race of completely dominated by short stack shoves since I know the range of the player who was pushing.

Another one was I had played for my entire stack with A-10 in an unraised pot. Board was 8-9-A-2-6 and I still played until the end. looking back, there was absolutely NO HAND I could beat except for a complete bluff given my opponent was calling on all streets. My opponent shows A-J and I lose my stack.

No beats but the pressure is there when you move up. All the stakes are higher and the mistakes are exponentially felt. Am going to stick to this though.... I am going to need to take some pain and become better or I am going to have to get contented winning peanuts at the lower levels.

3 Comments:

Blogger efs said...

dont u think the 40BB stacks are difficult to play with? Your 3 bet normally commits you to the pot...

10:01 PM  
Blogger Yasmin Lloyd said...

Say what?? Take some pain? Are you lock demented?? Turn to a physician instantly

3:52 AM  
Blogger Erembourg Faure said...

Session is Any period of gambling.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home