Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Power of Coaching

October has been a pretty strong month for me. I have broken the $2,000 mark in my bankroll and slowly making my way to the $1/$2 limits.

My game has improved tremendously the past few weeks and I attribute it to 2 of my friends who I have introduced the game to! They both had started online poker (with me being the beneficiary of the referral bonus) and I am helping both of them in their game. Usually on the weekends they would troop over to my shop and all 3 of us would grind out for a few hours and discuss how we played.

I have also monitored and coached their actions at the lower limits and it was amazing that I was making a lot of correct moves.... all with THEIR money! Apparently if I wasn't blinded by tilt or pressure, the decisions were becoming easier.

They weren't the only people benefitting from my coaching as my own game has improved considerably as well. I also got a chance to study Ring from $.5/$1 down to the microstakes level which gives me perspective on the gameplay changes between levels.

Overall its a win-win-win situation for me with referral bonuses, friends to talk to about online poker and improving my own personal game.

Hmmmm maybe I should start a cult or something....

3 Comments:

Blogger efs said...

i hope you also referred them for their rakeback so you can perpetually get a % from it.

totally agree that from the outside looking in (as compared to playing with your own money and playing the hand yourself), poker decisions are so much easier - almost 2nd nature to make the +EV decision all the time!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Kieran Fitzgerald said...

Poker is A card game with many variations in which players attempt to arrange a winning hand according to each individual game's rules.

9:06 PM  
Blogger No Joke said...

i's important to have a coach 'cause most of the time you are not aware of other things while you concentrate on the game itself. and that's the job of the coaches to see things that player's couldn't see.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home